The APX 690 features an exclusive 40 mm horn loading dome tweeter that contributes to maximize efficiency up to 96dB SPL and an acoustics lens specifically designed and applied to the tweeter to increase dispersion in the high frequency range.
To strengthen the emission of very high frequency ranges otherwise affected by off-axis positioning compared to the listening point, the APX 690 featuring a supertweeter.
|Comp||Tree way coaxial|
|Size||Woofer (6″ x 9″)
Tweeter diaphragm 40 mm (1,58″)
Super Tweeter diaphragm 15 mm (0,6″)
|Power Handling||100 W Continuous Power
300 W Peak Power
|Frequency Response||40 ÷ 23k Hz|
|Magnet||High density flux ferrite|
|Dome||Water-repellent pressed paper|
- Horn Loaded Tweeter: 40 mm horn loaded dome tweeter contributing to its incredible efficiency of up to 96dB SPL.
- Acoustics lens applied to the tweeter, specifically designed to increase dispersion in the high frequency range.
- PEI (Polyethylene injected) supertweeter employed to strengthen emission of very high frequency ranges otherwise affected by off-axis positioning common to rear deck installations.
- Water-repellent treated paper cone, featuring a profile developed with FEM (Finite Element Method) simulation technology and optimized with the Klippel Scan Vibrometer.
- Pure copper mobile voice coil, wound on Kapton former, for better thermal and mechanical capacity.
- TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) surround, featuring the exclusive shallow “Triple Wave” profile, for maximum excursion linearity.
- Polycotton spider material ensuring reliable performance and linear response to musical transients.
- Large motor assembly, optimised with FEM (Finite Element Method)technology, for stable control and linear excursion.
- Low carbon content plates for maximum magnetic permeability and high heat dissipation.
- Compact basket, protected by abrasion-resistant and scratch-proof coating, the motor affixed with damping epoxy adhesive.
- High current fast-on terminal with temperature resistant plastic cover, protecting it against accidental short circuits.
- Developed with the KLIPPEL suite. * Grille included