With the aim of providing high acoustical output even when used with lower power, the APS 8 R was designed for use in an 8.5-litres reflex enclosure, with tuning between 30 and 40Hz. The APS 8 R has been specifically developed to be combined with either the AP8.9 bit or AP4.9 bit / AP4 D. Prima subwoofer components have been developed with a primary goal: to deliver high output in tight spaces. Output is a matter of excursion; the more air the cone moves, the more output. However reduced mounting depth traditionally has meant low excursion. Prima subwoofers employ a special cone-dustcap-basket geometry which guarantees large excursion of the mobile group, while keeping the mounting depth to a minimum. The surround and spider have been carefully designed to prevent the “rocking-mode” phenomenon. The cooling circuit has been designed with air vents on the basket underneath the spider, eliminating the need for vents on the bottom-plate. This allows the subwoofer to be mounted close to the back wall of the enclosure, making the most of the reduced mounting depth.
|Comp||Single coil Subwoofer|
|Size||200 mm (8”)|
|Power Handling||250 W Continuous Power
500 W Peak Power
|Magnet||High density flux ferrite|
Water-repellent pressed paper
- Ultra-low profile (3.11 in. / 79 mm) for maximum installation flexibility.2 Designed to deliver maximum performance in a reflex enclosure starting from 8.5 lt.
- Special designed cone-dustcap-basket geometry which guarantees a long linear excursion capability (almost 9 mm, one-way) while keeping the mounting depth to minimum.
- Air vents on the basket underneath the spider, eliminating the need for the central pole vent allowing mounting close to rear wall of enclosure.
- Massive motor assembly optimized with FEM (Finite Element Modeling) for perfect control under high excursion conditions.
- Water-repellent pressed paper
- in. cone featuring a profile developedwith FEM simulation and optimized with the Klippel Scan Vibrometer.
- Specifically developed to be combined with either the Audison AP8.9 bit (2 CH bridged) or AP4.9 bit /AP4 D (2 CH bridged) amplifiers.
- Steel mesh grille and plastic gasket included