The APS 10 D is designed to deliver maximum performance in a sealed enclosure with ultra-compact volumes, from 10 lt. to 12 lt. The dual voice-coil and single voice coil versions feature push connectors for ease of wiring and configurations. Prima subwoofer components have been developed with a primary goal: to deliver high output in tight spaces. Output is a matter of excursion; the more air the cone moves, the more output. However reduced mounting depth traditionally has meant low excursion. Prima subwoofers employ a special cone-dustcap-basket geometry which guarantees large excursion of the mobile group, while keeping the mounting depth to a minimum. The surround and spider have been carefully designed to prevent the “rocking-mode” phenomenon. The cooling circuit has been designed with air vents on the basket underneath the spider, eliminating the need for vents on the bottom-plate. This allows the subwoofer to be mounted close to the back wall of the enclosure, making the most of the reduced mounting depth.
|Comp||Double coils Subwoofer|
|Power Handling||400 W Continuous Power
800 W Peak Power
|Impedance||4 Ω + 4 Ω|
|Magnet||High density flux ferrite|
Water-repellent pressed paper
- Ultra-low profile (4.7 in. / 120 mm) for maximum installation flexibility.
- Designed to deliver maximum performance in a sealed enclosure startingfrom 10 lt.
- Special designed cone-dustcap-basket geometry which guarantees a long linear excursion capability (11 mm, one-way) while keeping the mounting depth to minimum.
- Air vents on the basket underneath the spider, eliminating the need for the central pole vent allowing mounting close to rear wall of enclosure.
- Massive motor assembly, optimized with FEM (Finite Element Modeling)for perfect control under high power, high excursion conditions.
- Water-repellent pressed paper 10 in. cone, featuring a profile developed with FEM simulation and optimized with the Klippel Scan Vibrometer.
- Dual voice coil design specifically developed to be combined with either AP8.9 bit (2 CH + 2 CH bridged), AP5.9 bit (Sub CH) or AP4.9 bit/AP4 D (2 CH bridged) amplifiers.
- Steel mesh grille and plastic gasket included.